Emerald Bay Estates is located on the beautiful northwest corner of Wichita, KS. Offering the best in schools, shopping and recreation, the area is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. Here are a few of the local amenities and attractions Wichita has to offer.
- Maize Middle School– Grades 6 – 8
- Maize High School– Grades 9 – 12
- Wichita Private Schools– All Wichita area private schools.
- Wichita State University– Public Division 1 NCAA university. Home of the Shockers.
- Friends University– Private university located on Meridian between Kellogg and Maple.
- Neumann University– Private university located south of Kellogg next to Southwest Boulevard.
- New Market Square– Large store chains and plentiful dining options located on Maize Rd. north of 21st
- Towne East Square– Wichita’s largest mall. Two-story complex located at the intersection of Kellogg and Rock Rd.
- Bradley Fair– Upscale shopping and dining plaza located on Rock Rd. south of 21st
- Greenwich Place Shopping Center – Greenwich Place is a Wichita, KS 106-acre development at K-96 and Greenwich. We are already home to several popular local businesses like Dave & Busters, Wichita Sports Forum, Bed Bath & Beyond, Maurices, Duluth Trading, World Market, GNC, Panera, DSW, Ross, Ulta, Blaze Pizza and many more.
- Rolling Hills Country Club– Membership country club located on Maple between Maize Rd. and Tyler.
- Tex Consolver Golf Course– Beautiful public course located in Pawnee Prairie Park.
- Arthur B. Sim Golf Course– Scenic public course located in the Riverside museum district.
- All Wichita Golf Courses– Guide to all public Wichita Golf courses.
- Botanica– A large collection of theme gardens welcoming visitors and events located in Riverside next to the Wichita Art Museum.
- Sedgwick County Zoo– Nationally and internationally-recognized wildlife park supporting conservation programs and endangered species located on Zoo Blvd north of I-235.
- Great Plains Nature Center– Educational center for Great Plains flora and fauna located on 29th St N between Woodlawn and Oliver.
- Exploration Place– Large science center featuring exhibits, digital dome theater and planetarium located north of McLean Blvd between Seneca and Waco.
- Wichita Art Museum– Large museum featuring exhibits and collections located in Riverside.
- Museum of World Treasures– Fascinating collection of historical items located in Old Town.
- Old Cowtown Museum– Open-air, living history museum located in Riverside.
- Mid-America All-Indian Center– Cultural center and museum preserving American Indian heritage located in Riverside.
- Kansas Aviation Museum– Museum exploring the history of flight located next to McConnell Air Force Base.
PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS
- Wichita Thunder– professional CHL hockey team playing at Intrust Bank Arena.
- The Wichita Wind Surge – Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, launched their inaugural season on May 11, 2021 at the brand new Riverfront Stadium.
- Wichita Wizards – The inaugural season for the Wichita Wizards was in 2019 when they went undefeated with a 14-0 record, and were ranked #1 for the final 7 weeks of the season to become the premiere team in the league!
- FC Wichita– professional NPSL outdoor soccer team playing at Stryker Soccer Complex.
- Wichita Force – The Wichita Force is Wichita’s premier indoor football team, part of the Champions Indoor Football league. Though a new sport in Wichita, the Wichita Force has won one divisional title and one championship title, both in 2015. The team’s home field is at INTRUST Bank Arena, and the season runs Feb. to May.
- ICT Roller Girls – The team strives to promote sportsmanship through empowering women and encouraging philanthropy. There are three teams in this local league including the ALL STARS (Women’s Flat Track Derby Association-chartered team), who participate in all WFTDA-sanctioned local and regional events; HAVOC, consisting of up-and-coming skaters; and the ICT Roller Juniors, who are girls ages 12-17. ICT Roller Derby season is from May to Sept., and the girls compete at The Cotillion.
THEATERS & VENUES
- Warren Theaters– Movie theaters featuring the latest Hollywood releases with three locations.
- Orpheum Theater– Historic downtown theater featuring concerts, events and films.
- Crown Uptown Theater– Historic College Hill theater featuring concerts and events.
- Murdock Theater– Small downtown theater featuring independent film releases.
- Starlite Drive-In– Wichita’s only remaining drive-in theater featuring two screens.
- The Cotillion– Historic concert venue featuring well-known touring artists.
- Century II – Large downtown convention center and performing arts venue.
- Intrust Bank Arena– Largest event venue in Wichita featuring year-round concerts and events.